I have been experiencing some pain at the top of my arm on the outside when I raise my arm outwards past 90 degrees. Having been to a phyisio who said it was a problem with a tendom. She could put her finger in my shouldr and find a painful point in the joint. A few physio sessions and doing the exercises recommended have not made any improvement. She has suggested cortisone injection, I am hesitant without a second opinion. Any advice?


You could have a tear of the rotator cuff tendon or even a calcific tenditiis of the tendon.  You should see an orthopedic specialist ( preferably a shoulder sugeon) and get the correct diagnosis made so that the appropriate treatment can be instituted. You can aso look at my website at those two conditions to learn more about it

Rotator Cuff Tears

Learn More About Rotator Cuff Tears